lunes, 26 de octubre de 2020

Just a movie or many? That's the question!


Hello everyone,

When dealing with movies or series I prefer movies. It is not always easy to say which one is our favorite. There are movies for everyone, so everybody can get what she/he wants. I love going to the cinema, but it is hard to say which my favorite movie is. I love action and horror films but also like sci-fi films. I really enjoyed watching The Lord of the Rings saga and the Marvel saga of superheroes, such as X-men, Iron man or the Avengers. I loved The Ring, and I could watch it one time after the other. The last movies I watched were The Body, and the excellent Spanish Trilogy of Baztan. I also like those movies based on great best sellers such as Gone with the wind or others. One of my favorite movies is Sarah's key based on the book of the same name. It tells the story of an American journalist’s present investigation into the Vel´d’Hiv roundup of Jews in German-occupied Paris in 1942. It tells the story of young girl Sarah’s experiences during and after these events, illustrating the participation of the French bureaucracy while also showing how the French citizens hid and protected Sarah from Vichy France Authorities. The film alternates between Sarah’s life in 1942 and the journalist researching the story in 2009. It is a great movie, but as in many cases, the book is always better!

 What about you? what is your favorite?

 Cheers

19 comentarios:

  1. i have never seen that movie but i love drama movies set in the second world war but i differ with the marvel movies and every movie of superheroes, i hate them.:(((

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I agree, It isn't always easy to say which one is your favorite movie.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. When I read the synopsis of the film, Tarantino's film "Inglorious Bastards" came to my mind, it happened to be released the same year 2009.
    For my part my favorite movies are those of the director Wes Anderson who with his camera shots up what seem to be pictures more than movies.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I've never heard of this movie, it goes to my list of next movies that I have to see, because I love movies that are based on historical events. And it's true that books are always better

    ResponderEliminar
  5. It sounds like a good movie! I like when the plots address social issues related to wars and do not focus solely on the confrontation itself.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I love Marvel movies too!! and the Sarah's Key sound interesting, when I have time I will see it.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Movies related to historical events or historical significant periods intrigue me, because they are based on real events, I am not very fanatic of superhero movies, but anyway I am striking the effects they use.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. The Lord of the Rings is also one of my favorites sagas !

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I like Marvel movies but I get bored in the middle of the movie jeje, i have never seen Lord of the Rings Saga and they have always caught my attention, maybe I'll make the time someday. c:

    att: Joaquin

    ResponderEliminar
  10. I did not know this film but I find it very interesting, I will search for the film on the internet

    ResponderEliminar
  11. I love marvel movies, speacially Iron man movies beacause of robert downey jr. his an excellent actor.
    Sarah's keys sounds interesting

    ResponderEliminar
  12. I think that I saw this movie... but, I dont know...

    I love cinema!... I'm waiting for the cinemas to open very soon! I hope!...

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Oh wow our taste is so different from each other, usually I don't watch action movies or sci-fi, or sagas haha but if we have somethng in common it's the love for horror movies, my favorite is Suspiria <3 have you watched it?

    ResponderEliminar
  14. I totally agree with you, the book is in many cases better than the movie!

    ResponderEliminar
  15. I haven't seen that movie yet (Sarahs key's), seems to be an interesting movie, most likely i will see it.
    PD: The Lord of the Rings is a work of Art

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  17. When I go to the cinema it is always hard for me to see what movie to watch, more than anything because it is difficult for me to want to see a movie at the cinema. I think going to the movies is more a matter of laziness, because when there are movies that I want to see, I don't go because I don't take a day to go.

    ResponderEliminar
  18. It seems very interesting, the subject it touches and the way the story is told through time jumps.
    I will definitely add the movie to my to-do list!

    ResponderEliminar
  19. I like movies that have historical content. I'll see Sarah's Key !!

    ResponderEliminar